CINEMA POLICY, Georgetown Cinemas
It is GC’s policy to support the MPAA ratings system to the fullest extent possible.
For films rated “R” by the MPAA:
1. GC will not sell tickets to any person under the age of 17 (18 where applicable).
2. A person must be at least 21 years old in order to purchase multiple tickets without providing additional photo I.D. for additional tickets.
3. The purchaser must also attend the movie for which the additional tickets are purchased.
4. Patrons 17 to 20 years of age may only purchase more than one ticket if they are able to provide photo I.D. for proof of age for each additional ticket being purchased.
5. Children 6 and under are not allowed to attend Rated R features.
6. Managers may empower Ushers to check for photo identification if a guest appears to be underage and is holding a ticket for an “R” rated feature.
7. Theatre Employees may be stationed at the entrance to theatre(s) playing MPAA rated “R” films to check tickets and photo identification for all who enter to prevent minors from improperly entering.
8. GC reserves the right to refuse entrance to anyone that cannot present valid photo identification along with a ticket for the proper show time of the “R” rated film.
Note: Admission policies may vary by location due to state or local ordinances. Contact your local theatre if you have questions regarding any state or local requirements.
For films rated “NC17” by the MPAA:
1. No one under the age of 18 is allowed admittance to the feature, regardless of accompaniment or consent.
2. A patron desiring to purchase multiple tickets must provide a valid photo I.D. for each ticket they purchase.
3. Ushers may conduct additional photo I.D. checks for MPAA guideline adherence at the doorman’s post and theatre checks.
4. Kiosk ticket sales are an important service for our guests. Tickets can be purchased online and picked up at the theatre, or an individual may purchase tickets directly from the kiosk. It is important to remember that the admittance procedures still apply to those individuals that make purchases or redeem on-line ticket purchases from a ticketing kiosk.
5. Theatre Employees may be stationed at the entrance to theatre(s) playing MPAA rated “NC17” films to check tickets and photo identification for all who enter to prevent minors from improperly entering.
6. GC reserves the right to refuse entrance to anyone that cannot present valid photo identification along with a ticket for the proper show time for the “NC17” rated film.
This site is owned and operated by Georgetown Cinemas, designed and hosted by CinemaHosting.com. The term “us” or “we” or “our” refers to Georgetown Cinemas, the owner of the Web site. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our Web Site. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Georgetown Cinemas, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION WE GATHER AND TRACK
Georgetown Cinemas gathers two types of information about users:
* Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters and for participation in movie reviews:
* Information we gather through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does Georgetown Cinemas divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
We Gather User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches)
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Georgetown Cinemas gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page.
2. Movie Reviews
We may offer users the ability to post reviews for movies. Opinions or other responses to reviews are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Georgetown Cinemas reserves the right to allow reviews at their discretion.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Georgetown Cinemas tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
Georgetown Cinemas uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate movie reviews. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Georgetown Cinemas never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
Georgetown Cinemas uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience's demographics. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Georgetown Cinemas operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
* Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
* Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users